What is CMMI Certification?
Capability Maturity Model Integration, is a globally-recognised process level improvement training and appraisal program that helps organisations meet their business goals. It is not a standard, instead it is a model that specifies a general framework and different levels of maturity for processes from Level 1 to Level 5. Therefore, there is no CMMI certification per se.
However, organisations are assessed for their compliance against the targeted CMMI level. Appraisals are carried out to find the strengths and weaknesses of an organisation’s processes based on CMMI best practices. When an organisation is labelled as a “CMMI Level 2 organisation”, it means that the an appraisal was carried out and the CMMI Authorised Assessor found that the processes followed by the organisation conform with the requirements for the CMMI Maturity Level 2. In day-to-day language, some people may call this organisation “CMMI Level 2 certified” or simply “CMMI certified”.
Get CMMI Certification in India
If you want your organisation to get CMMI-rated, you must first find out an organisation that offers CMMI certification services in India. We are associates with certification bodies which have helped hundreds of organisations implement CMMI model and assessed them against CMMI best practices.
Here are the types of CMMI SCAMPI Appraisals as described in the CMMI V2.0 Appraisal Method Definition Document:
- Benchmark Appraisal:This is the CMMI SCAMPI appraisal that is carried out when an organisation is getting started on its CMMI journey.
- Sustainment Appraisal: Once an organisation has cleared the CMMI appraisal, the Sustainment Appraisal is carried out after two years to ensure that the organisation is maintaining the appraisal level.
- Action Plan Appraisal:This type of appraisal is designed to help organisations who have failed to achieve their targeted appraisal level in a previous appraisal get a second chance.
Why Globus Certifications?
- Evaluation Appraisal:This is designed to help an organisation prepare for an appraisal and find out the opportunities for improvement.
We are leaders in our respective fields and have served as coaches, facilitators, and trusted advisors to our clients. Our focus and commitment is to guide the Client to the best CMMi certification body. A CMMI certification body typically helps organisations institutionalize the CMMI practices by providing:
- Base-lining of Appraisal Objectives with Appraisal Sponsor
- Mapping of Appraisal Objectives with Organizational Objectives
- Determination of Focus Projects (Representation Sampling)
- Process Gap Identification & Analysis
- Appraisal Team Formation and Training
- Process Implementation
- Internal Audits to monitor implementation
- Appraisal Facilitation
Once the CMMI SCAMPI Appraisal is completed, SEI publishes the results.
We also offer CMMI Training services so that you can provide guidance to your organisation when it gets started on its CMMI journey. Get in touch with us at email@example.com for details.