ISO 9000 is an internationally-recognised family of standards provided by ISO, short for International Organisation of Standardisation, to help organisations create a QMS so that the products and services meet customer expectations. ISO 9001, officially ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System – Requirements, maps out the requirements that organisations who wish to be compliant with the ISO 9000 standard need to meet.
The process of ISO certification starts when an organisation identifies the type of ISO certification required for its business and chooses an ISO certification company. Then, it gets started with implementation of the ISO standard.
Here is the process for ISO certification in India for ISO 9001:2015:
1. The organisation discusses its needs with the certifying body and both parties agree on a contract
2. An ISO auditor from the certifying company carries out an initial analysis and views the quality manuals and documents related to procedures as well as policies followed by the organisation
3. After the initial analysis, the auditor communicates the gaps between the organisation’s processes and the standard
4. The organisation prepares the list of required tasks to be performed to bridge the gap. Then, it carries out the implementation plan
5. The ISO auditor audits the changes made by the organisation and identifies possible non-conformities in the organisation’s systems and procedures
6. If there are any major non-conformities, the organisation will have to make changes to eliminate the issues
7. ISO auditor from the ISO 9001 certification company will finally assess the system against the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and issue an ISO 9001: 2015 certificate for compliance if there are no major non-conformities
The organisation is then considered ISO 9001 certified.
The ISO 9001: 2015 certification is valid for three years and the certifying body holds ongoing audits of the system every year as agreed between the organisation and the certification body to make sure that the QMS stays compliant with the standard. After 3 years, the organisation has to apply for audit for re-certification.
Get in touch with us to get ISO 9001:2015 certified today. Call +91-9810555659, +91-9868476771 or +91-9918728945.
May 18, 2018